1. How long have you been at The Point?
3 years and 4 months
2. What do you do for a living?
For the majority of the time I’m a mom of 2 (Taya 10, Andrew 5) I’m also a teller at Zions on Saturday’s, I love coaching CrossFit and in the summers I also teach swimming lessons.
3. Prior to finding CrossFit what did you do for physical exercise?
I played soccer and tried to stay active with a group of friends but nothing very consistent.
4. If you had to pick your favorite accomplishment during your CrossFit journey so far, what would it be?
This is a hard one, every pr is huge. But I’d probably have to say setting national records and getting best lifter at my last power lifting meet.
5. What is one piece of advice you could give new CrossFitters that you wish you knew before you began?
Be consistent, and don’t be afraid to ask questions! Everyone is so willing to help, don’t sacrifice form because you were afraid to ask.
6. What is your favorite movement in CrossFit?
The overhead squat, back squat, pretty much anything where I get to squat.
7. What is your favorite all time WOD you have done?
I don’t think it has a name but I think it was 100 OHS and you had to run every 2 minutes until it was done.
8. What are your goals for the upcoming year?
I want my back squat at 350#,my deadlift at 350#, my clean 200#, ring muscle ups, link my bar muscle ups, and sets of 20 butterfly pull ups.
9. Before starting CrossFit what was your view of CrossFit? How has that changed since joining?
I pretty much thought it was crazy, but I didn’t really know much. CrossFit has such a community that I had no idea about, I came to get in better shape but gained an entire new perspective on fitness and friendships.
10. Give me a brief summary of your CrossFit journey thus far.
CrossFit the Point has changed my life for the better. I couldn’t picture my life without it. Since I started I’ve gone from a size 12 to a 6 and been able to lift weight I never even dreamed of. I’ve been able to compete in ways I didn’t realize were possible, and accomplish things I didn’t even know existed. I’m a better mom, wife and friend because of CrossFit. I’ve gained a love for coaching and watching athletes improve on day to day basis. I love this box, all the people here and all of the amazing friendships I’ve gained from it. I can’t thank Dan and Dave enough for letting me be a part of it!