Coach Emily Adamson!
1. How long have you been at The Point?
Coming up on my 4 year anniversary! I started April of 2013.
2. What do you do for a living?
I am a Mom, a Sales Manager, a Gym owner, and I do Equine Therapy. 🙂
3. Prior to finding CrossFit what did you do for physical exercise?
A lot of Yoga and Zumba. Horse riding counts, and I liked to hike and occasionally run. like very occasionally. Basically trying out CFTP was a huge leap out of my comfort zone.
4. If you had to pick your favorite accomplishment during your CrossFit journey so far, what would it be?
Hands down the Ring Muscle up and the strict Ring Muscle up right after it. And my 300 lb Deadlift 39 weeks pregnant.
5. What is one piece of advice you could give new CrossFitters that you wish you knew before you began?
You do not have to be in shape to start CrossFit! Also, no one expects you to know everything, or even anything about what we do when you first start. The awesome thing about CrossFit is we never get bored. We all have a long list of things to work on, so no matter how good someone looks, they are still in the middle of their fitness journey as well! Enjoy learning new things, and celebrate the gains and progress you make along the way.
6. What is your favorite movement in CrossFit?
Ring Muscle up, Pistols, Handstand Pushup… Deadlifts.. Cleans.. I have a few I love.
7. What is your favorite all time WOD you have done?
Thats a hard one to remember… but more recently we did one with Pistols, Deadlifts, and KB swings. That was really fun. Also, usually anything with running.
8. What are your goals for the upcoming year?
I very much need to work on my Snatches. I would love to see some huge progress there. I would also like to get a lot stronger with ring dips, pushups, and the like.
9. Before starting CrossFit what was your view of CrossFit? How has that changed since joining?
I really didn’t have one. I did not know anything about it. I heard of people doing it, but I didn’t know what “CrossFit” meant. And yes, it has changed a lot! I absolutely love CF and what it has done for my life. Including finding me a Husband… haha.
10. Give me a brief summary of your CrossFit journey thus far.
I had never touched a barbell when I started CF. I didn’t know how to climb a rope, and I couldn’t do a Handstand pushup. I had a ton to learn! I love all the things that I can do now. I have loved seeing what my body can do. That was my biggest goal when I started, I just wanted to see what my body could actually do. I had never taken care of it very well, and I had never pushed it. I still have so much work to do, but the one thing I have now is mentally I am so much healthier with the way I think about my body. CrossFit has given me confidence in myself that I never had. It’s ok to be strong, actually it’s great. It’s also ok to eat and have a healthy relationship with food. It’s ok to not be a size 0. These are all things I struggled with my entire life, but it’s been so life changing to not have to worry about it any more.